Host Home Program
HOST HOME PROGRAM APPLICATIONS
Apply or Renew Online:(CC or Debit Card Required)
Apply or Renew Online
DECEMBER 2014 – FEBRUARY 2015 ONLY(Pay by Check or Money Order)
Dec 2014-February 2015
March 2015 – February 2016(Pay by Check or Money Order)
The Care Association offers a Host Home Program for all eligible Host Home Providers in Colorado as well as many other states. The insurance program satisfies all the requirements set for Developmental Disabilities at a very affordable premium.
What is a Host Home:
An individual (or individuals) who provider individual residential services and support (IRSS) in his or her home to persons with developmental disabilities.
What is Host Home Insurance for and why is it required?
According to the Division for Developmental Disabilities, Administrative Services Rule 16.245 B requires that Program Approved service agencies shall maintain or require to be maintained in force at all times, comprehensive general liability insurance coverage for services that are provided directly by the agency or through contract. A $1,000,000 limit of liability is required.
In addition, damages by reason of negligent act, error, or omission, due to professional services rendered or which should have been rendered is specifically excluded under the comprehensive general liability coverage form. Although not required by rule or statute Professional Liability is included and a part of all our insurance programs.
The Colorado Department of Human Services (C.R.S. Authority 26-1-111) requires that all Contractors (with the State) shall require their Subcontractors (of the Contractors) to carry $1,000.000 in Comprehensive General Liability and Professional Liability unless waived by the State.
All Host Home Providers who qualify and meet the minimum underwriting guidelines(*) will be covered on a master policy.
Host Home Program Requirements
- Host Homes with clients under age 18 will not be eligible.
- All Providers will be required to identify the agency(s) they contract with.
- There must be a valid Host Home contract in place at all times between the agency and the provider.
- It is assumed that all providers go through a background check and that all individuals living in the home age 18 or older have a background check as well.
- It is assumed that the contracting agency has inspected the premises where the consumer(s) will be living.
- It is assumed that periodic visits of the host home will be conducted by the agency to ensure the safety and well being of the client.
- It is assumed that the provider has and will keep in force Homeowners or Renters Insurance while insured in this program.
- Any provider who has a criminal record involving abuse or neglect or disciplinary actions filed including, but not limited to, the removal of client(s) from the Host Host will not be eligible for this program.
- A completed application(*) will be required with full payment before any certificates can or will be issued.
Providers that cancel throughout the year will NOT be given a refund.
- Providers that add 1 or more clients during the year will not be assessed an additional charge. If a provider loses a client during the year, they will not be given a refund.
Other Things to Remember
- The Host Home program does not provide coverage for personal property of the Host Home Provider or the consumers. Homeowners or Renters Insurance should satisfy this need.
- The Host Home program does not provide any coverage for injuries to a consumer that is sustained in an automobile. Review your automobile insurance policy or check with your agent.
- The Host Home program does not pay for injuries to the provider or the consumer.
- Keep track of your Host Home Expenses. You should keep Host Home records separate from personal records.
- Make sure that any respite provider is properly trained to care for your consumer(s).
If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.